New Job . . . Same Desk
For the past 1 3/4 years, I've been working as a contractor at General Mills. My general duties involve graphic production, some design and a lot more technical skills than the average graphic artist normally would have.
I took this job over from someone else who decided to move on. She gave me a great training in period and I've been running with the job ever since. This last July, Tony (my supervisor) approached me about the possibility of going permanent. I jumped at it.
With the help of my lovely wife and partner in life, Cynthia, we put together an updated resume to submit. This was all fine, but then Tony came back and told me that the job description was being rewritten. "Okay" I thought. The new job description would put me in a slightly higher job level rating. This is good. So we waited for the new description and then rewrote my resume for the job.
While reworking the resume for the second time, Cynthia notes that the language of the description sounded awfully familiar. In fact, she suggested that they took my resume and used it to create the new job description. Well, after 4 interviews and a month and a half later, I find out that yes, they did use my resume to build the job description.
Needless to say, I was a shoe in.
After some running around to get the appropriate paperwork taken care of and crossing the t's and dotting the i's, I am now officially a General Mills employee.
I'd like to thank all of those who gave me support throughout these last 3 years when I was struggling to get a pay check and keep the family afloat. Its been a long road. Not that I anticipate an easy path from here on, but ITS BEEN A LONG ROAD.
So, now you know.
Current Air Quality Index Level





2 Comments:
Congrats!!!
Maybe I will be next ;-)
Whoo-hoo!
Post a Comment
<< Home