More Features!
Those of you who've followed my blog will note that I've continued to add functionality. The latest feature are the AQI/Pollen & Spore meters. This measures the levels of air quality and allergens in the air which affects all of us, whether we realize it or not.
The meters operate by running a UNIX shell script to gather the information from Weather.com and the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency. Based on that information, it then updates the graphic to reflect the data.
Feel free to use the meters for your own site. All you have to do is copy the image location and use it for your IMG tag. Just let me know that you've done it.
Here are the tags incase you need/want them:
One note: I make no guarantee/warranty of any sort regarding these meters. Not to their reliability or suitability for any kind of use. They are just a neat function which I've created to help me and my family sort out the environment we'll be running into when we go outside.
If you like it, please let me know. I'd love to hear from you.
Current Air Quality Index Level





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home