But what about the children?
Today, the Minnesota House voted to restrict the sale of medications with pseudoephedrine, a common remedy for stuffy noses better known as Sudafed. This agent is a common precursor ingredient for the manufacture of methamphetamine. In an effort to crack down on Meth Labs, the House voted 115-19 to require a prescription in order to buy this over the counter medication.
I don't know how many of you have children, but I have two. Some nights when they just can't get to sleep because they're all stuffed up, I'd like to know that I can go to the corner store and pick up some children's Sudafed. If this bill becomes law as it stands, my family will no longer have that convenience.
Although I still question the bill (both House and Senate), I have to say that I like the Senate version (SF0051) much better. In it, it states:
"Nothing in this paragraph requires the buyer to obtain a prescription for the drug's purchase."
This means that I don't have to go see my doctor to get a prescription for an over the counter medication. I don't know about our representative, but my doctor comes with a $20 copay.
It does require the drug to be placed behind the pharmacy counter and that only a pharmacist or pharmacy technician may sell the medication. In addition, the pharmacy much require photo ID and keep track of who purchased the medication, and how much was purchased. So now Big Brother is watching you. And still I can't get Sudafed for my kids at the local corner store.
All in all, it just pisses me off.
Follow the link below for the story published in the Pioneer Press.
FULL STORY>>
Current Air Quality Index Level





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home